This week on New Mexico in Focus, panelists wrap up the campaign season with a close examination of key races for the New Mexico House of Representatives, with a focus on the possibility of a Republican majority.
New Mexico PBS’ one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, Secretary of State Dianna Duran and Bernalillo County Clerk Maggie Toulouse Oliver assess turnout for early and absentee voting, preview election day action and reveal the timeline for returns that night. Martha Burk also concludes her look at women’s issues in the election, with a discussion on factors that may keep women from showing up to vote.
• Dianna Duran, New Mexico Secretary of State
• Maggie Toulouse Oliver, Bernalillo County Clerk
• Martha Burk, political psychologist
• Dan Foley, former New Mexico House Republican Whip
• Tom Garrity, principal, The Garrity Group PR
• Sophie Martin, editor, New Mexico Law Review
• Laura Sanchez, attorney
• Matt Grubs
• Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277‑1218; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.