This week on New Mexico in Focus, Fred Nathan of Think New Mexico sits down to talk about new qualifications required for the Public Regulation Commission as a result of voters overwhelmingly passing a Constitutional amendment to create them.
New Mexico PBS’ one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, panelists discuss the formal investigation of the Albuquerque Police Department by the U.S. Justice Department, the fallout from Gov. Susana Martinez’s effort to offer state run health care and a proposal to allow maternity leave for high school students.
• Fred Nathan, executive director, Think New Mexico
• Harry Van Buren, associate professor, UNM Anderson School of Management
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Tom Garrity, The Garrity Group PR
• Sophie Martin, editor-in-chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs
• Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277‑1218; email: firstname.lastname@example.org