Beginning Saturday, June 24 at 10 p.m. through Sunday, June 25 at 2 a.m., UNM IT Networks will perform critical maintenance on the Data Center to address ongoing network performance issues. Please expect the UNM IT wired and wireless networks, UNM Web Services, and other UNM IT hosted services to be intermittently unavailable during this time. Network and Services provided by UNM Health and Health Sciences are NOT impacted by this outage. See below for a partial list of major services that are expected to be unavailable during this time.
What does this mean for you?
- The wired and wireless networks will be intermittently unavailable for on-campus UNM users.
- Most data center services will be intermittently unavailable. See impacted services below.
- Individuals who have access to a smartphone device with a cellular data plan will be able to access the internet and certain cloud services, such as Canvas, using their personal cellular service/device. To ensure that your device is only connecting to your cellular provider during the UNM network outage, disconnect it from WiFi during that period. Many smartphone devices with cellular service can be used as a HotSpot to connect other devices, such as a laptop, to the internet. For information on fees and settings needed to use your phone as a HotSpot please contact your cellular service provider. The wired network will be available for on-campus UNM users.
- June 24, 10 p.m. through June 25, 2 a.m.
- IT expects intermittent availability during this period. While unlikely, it is possible, that the outage could be lengthier and more impactful. Updates will be provided on IT Alerts.
Services Expected to be Unavailable (select list, not all impacted services listed):
- Wireless Access
- Wired Network
- UNM Websites
- UNM NetID Password Changes
- My Reports
- Lobo Marketplace
- Cascade/Web Content Management
For a more detailed list of services that are expected to be unavailable, see it.unm.edu.
IT asks your help to coordinate with your IT Officer/Liaison/Staff to:
- Identify any critical (life-safety) services that must not be interrupted.
- Identify potential risks of service outages June 24, 10 p.m. through June 25, 2 a.m.
- Work with your faculty, staff, students, and vendors to make sure service disruptions are well communicated and mitigated, where possible.
- Leverage supplemental communication mechanisms to help us keep the campus community involved and well-informed.
For assistance with UNM IT services, please contact UNM IT Customer Support Services at 505-277-5757. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., except during University Holidays.
On occasion, UNM IT may adjust the timing for a planned change. Please visit ITAlerts for the most current information for all upcoming changes to services.
Due to the healthcare nature of UNM Health and Health Sciences, there may be variations to services and support for HSC students, faculty, and staff. If you have questions regarding HSC technology services, please contact the HSC Service Desk at 505-272-1694 or put in a Help.HSC ticket.