UNM Parking & Transportation Services (UNM PATS) would like to inform the UNM community to expect high traffic and or road closures this Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3, because of several evening events on central campus. The events include UNM’s Annual Hanging of the Greens, Popejoy Presents: The Nutcracker Ballet, and the City’s Twinkle Light Parade. Here’s what you need to know:
Road Closures – Saturday, Dec. 3
- The east side of Girard Blvd. between Central Ave. and Campus Blvd. will be closed on Saturday, from 2 p.m. until the conclusion of the Twinkle Light Parade (approximately 7:15 p.m.).
- Campus Blvd. will be closed between Girard and Redondo on Saturday from 2 p.m. until the conclusion of the parade.
- Stanford between Central and Redondo Dr. will be closed on Saturday from 12 p.m. until the conclusion of the Nutcracker performance at Popejoy (approximately 8:30 p.m.).
- Princeton will be closed intermittently between Central and Redondo Dr. on Saturday, from 12 p.m. until the conclusion of the Nutcracker performance at Popejoy.
Access to R/S Zones for “R”/”S” permit holders
- The R Zone resident parking lots are closed to the public. “R” permit holders will be able to access R lots by way of Lomas to Campus Blvd. to Redondo then through R zone entrance located just south of RVA.
- “S” permit holders will be able to access the Lomas parking structure from Lomas to Campus Blvd.
- Please be advised that permit holders will need to show their parking permit to Enforcement Officers to access certain parking lots.
Contact PATS by phone at (505) 277-1938, email, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the PATS website. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.