Lobo Advisory – 3.2.2023, 8:28 p.m.: Four young males attacked and beat up a homeless male at the Yale Parking structure at 1920 Los Lomas NE. Two suspects had long dark curly hair, one wearing a red shirt, and dark pants, the other wearing a white shirt, white tennis shoes, and dark pants. The other two suspects had short hair one wearing a black t-shirt, and blue jeans, & the other wearing a white shirt and jeans. The suspects left the area in a red 97 Honda 4-door bearing NM black license plate #BFBN55. The suspects were last seen leaving the area around 5:50 p.m.
If you have any information regarding this incident or notice any suspicious behavior, please contact the UNM Police Department (UNMPD) at 505-277-2241. Reports can also be made in person 24/7 at UNMPD, located on Main Campus at west end of Hokona Hall (2500 Campus Blvd NE).
Albuquerque Metro Crime Stoppers Crime Stoppers pays up to $1,000 for anonymous tips that lead to an arrest. Call the tip line at 505-843-STOP (505-843-7867), download the Crime Stoppers app, or visit AMCS online (www.crimestoppersnm.com) to make an anonymous tip.
UNMPD will provide any additional updates that are relevant as we receive them in order to continue to keep the UNM community safe. In the meantime, the tips below can help you reduce your risk of becoming a victim of a similar crime in the future.
- Add any additional risk reduction tips here that relate specifically to the crime that occurred
- Pay attention to cues in your environment, your instincts, and other people’s behavior that may indicate a threat is near.
- If you feel unsafe, go to a safe, witness-rich environment where others are present.
- Familiarize yourself with the locations of exits and emergency blue light phones in all the places you frequent on campus.
- After dark, stay on lit paths that are intended for pedestrian traffic and avoid shortcuts that are not well-traveled any time of day or night.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Save your earbuds for home and the gym so they do not distract you while you’re out and about.
- Firearms are not allowed on campus. If you see a firearm or other dangerous weapon prohibited by UNM’s Weapons Policy, report it immediately to UNMPD at 505-277-2241.
- Program UNMPD’s number into your phone: 505-277-2241 to report any suspicious activity on campus at the touch of a button.
- In the case of an emergency, dial 911 from your phone or one of the many blue light emergency phones on campus. LoboGuardian is an app that turns your smart phone into a virtual blue light phone. Learn more at loboguardian.unm.edu.
Individuals impacted by the crime mentioned above who seek supportive measures, or who have information about a UNM policy violation, can contact the UNM Office of Compliance, Ethics & Equal Opportunity (CEEO) by calling 505-277-5251 or submitting a report through the UNM Compliance/EthicsPoint Hotline: 1-888-899-6092 or unm.ethicspoint.com. Anonymous reports are accepted.
Supportive resources are also available through the LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center.