Lobo Advisory – 6.22.2023, 5:40 a.m.: Reports of shots fired- On June 22, 2023, at approximately 5 a.m., there were reports of shots being fired coming from a "dark-colored SUV" located at Lobo Village, 1200 Avenida Cesar Chavez. The vehicle was observed leaving the area east Avenida Cesar Chavez. There are currently no reports of injury or property damage. There are no continuing threats to UNM students and/or UNM employees.
UNMPD does not perceive the suspect to be an imminent threat to the campus community. However, given the serious nature of the crime and its proximity to campus, we offer the following tips to help you reduce your risk of becoming the victim of a similar crime in the future.
- Pay attention to cues in your environment, your instincts, and other people’s behavior that may indicate a threat is near.
- If you feel unsafe, go to a safe, witness-rich environment.
- Report any suspicious activity to UNMPD at 505-277-2241.
- Familiarize yourself with the locations of exits everywhere you go on campus.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- In the case of an emergency, dial 911 from your phone or one of the many blue light emergency phones campus.
- UNMPD will provide useful updates as we receive them in order to continue to keep the UNM community safe.
If you have any information regarding this incident or notice any suspicious behavior, please contact UNMPD at 505-277-2241. Albuquerque Metro Crime Stoppers Crime Stoppers pays up to $1,000 for anonymous tips that lead to an arrest. Call the tip line at 505-843-STOP (505-843-7867) to make an anonymous tip.
LoboGuardian is an app that turns your smartphone into a virtual blue light phone. Learn more at loboguardian.unm.edu.