Last week information was sent out regarding several major changes in traffic patterns as a result of NHT Phase II construction (changes went into effect Saturday, Jan. 30). Beginning Thursday, Feb. 11, there will be additional lane closures on both east and westbound Lomas Blvd. around its intersection with Yale Blvd. Here’s what you need to know (also see map below).
Lomas Lane Closures – Effective Thursday, Feb. 11.
- Various lane closures on Lomas Blvd. affecting east and west bound traffic between Girard and University. These closures may reduce traffic to one lane in each direction. These closures will last about three weeks.
- The UNM Business Center shuttle bus stop will be placed on hold pending the completion of this phase of the project due to the lane closures.
- Effective Saturday, Jan. 30, earlier road closures and alternate access routes went into effect (referenced on attached map).
- Also effective Jan. 30, the north sidewalk of Lomas is closed between Yale and Stanford. The two City bus stops on the north sidewalk were also closed.
- Changes in how to access UNM Lock Shop and Facilities Maintenance (aka Service) buildings
Throughout all phases of construction work, steps will be taken by UNMH to help mitigate potential traffic and any access issues in the affected area(s). Notifications will be sent out periodically to inform you of additional changes, utility outages, parking lot and/or road closures. Please plan extra time in your commute and be aware of workers while in the area.