In order to improve the stability and security posture of UNM's network, it is necessary to quickly complete a critical firewall upgrade. The work must be done to ensure the reliability and availability of IT services. UNM IT worked with business owners and other partners to identify the best date for completing the work that will have the least impact on users.
UNM IT knows there is no ideal time to perform this work, and thanks the campus community in advance for your understanding of the need to complete this work.
o Saturday, May 29, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
o UNM IT expects an outage of one hour or less. While unlikely, it is possible, the outage could be lengthier and more impactful. Updates will be provided on IT Alerts.
What does this mean for you?
- All main campus services are expected to be intermittently unavailable, including but not limited to, wired and wireless network access on main campus.
- LoboMail will be available from off-campus.
UNM IT asks your help to coordinate with your IT Officer/Liaison to:
- Identify any critical (life-safety) services that must not be interrupted.
- Identify potential risks of service outages on May 29.
- Work with your faculty, staff, students and vendors to make sure service disruptions are well communicated and mitigated, where possible.
- Leverage supplemental communication mechanisms to help us keep the campus community involved and well informed.
For assistance with UNM IT services, contact UNM IT Customer Support Services at 277-5757. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored. On Saturday, May 29, IT Alerts will be updated when the work has been completed and services are restored.
Due to the healthcare nature of the Health Sciences Center, there are variations to services and support for HSC students, faculty, and staff. If you have questions regarding HSC technology services, please contact the HSC Service Desk at 272-1694 or HSC-CIOfirstname.lastname@example.org.