UNM Parking & Transportation Services (UNM PATS) reminds students that if you plan to park a vehicle on UNM’s Albuquerque campus during AY2022-2023 (AY22-23), you must purchase a parking permit from UNM Parking & Transportation Services or pay for hourly parking.
Students may purchase a parking permit to park in specific zones/parking structures on UNM’s Albuquerque campus. Annual permits (and “fall-only” permits) are available for most zones. See the student parking page for more information and pricing.
Reminder: to avoid possible citation, an AY22-23 parking permit (annual or “fall-only”) must be properly displayed in your vehicle effective Monday, Aug. 22.
The AY22-23 student parking permits become available for purchase as follows:
- Resident permits* (aka dorm including Lobo Rainforest) – 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, July 28.
- Proximity permits* (including Yale parking structure) – 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 2
- Commuter permits – 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 4
* Parking permits in these categories may be subject to eligibility restrictions.
Be aware that parking permits are sold on a first come, first served basis, and most sell out shortly after becoming available for purchase.
Parking permits may be purchased online at pats.unm.edu“My Parking Account”) or in-person at the UNM PATS Business Officelocated at 2401 Redondo Dr., NE. The UNM PATS Business Office is open Mon.-Fri., 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To better ensure you may be able to purchase the permit of your choice, you will want to enter your information into your parking account, which can be accessed on the PATS website, (pats.unm.edu, “Manage My Account”), before permit sales open. If you experience difficulty or need some assistance, please contact our business office at (505) 277-1938 or come in person for assistance during business hours.
To purchase a parking permit, you will need:
- LoboCard (if purchasing in-person)
- UNM NetID and Password (if purchasing on-line)
- Vehicle make, model, and color
- Vehicle license plate number
- A form of payment – we accept Visa, Discover, American Express, Mastercard, UNM Bursar's transfer, check or cash**.
**Cash or check payments are only accepted when purchasing a permit in-person.
For questions, please call UNM PATS at (505) 277-1938, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the UNM PATS Business Office in-person.