1. National Geographic - "Ecological Artist Basia Irland and Her “Ice Books” Engage Communities and Restore Rivers"
UNM professor emerita Basia Irland creates art with the intention of promoting civic engagement concerning local waters and watersheds.
2. The Williams Institute - "Extending Marriage to Same-Sex Couples Will Add Over $20 Million to New Mexico State Economy"
A recent study, conducted by Steven Homer, Senior Lecturer at UNM School Of Law, and others, claims that extending marriage rights to same-sex couples in New Mexico would add approximately $20.4 million to the state economy over the first three years.
3. The Institute (Video) - "Low-Voltage Therapy for the Mind"
Vincent Clark, professor of psychology and neuroscience at UNM talks about stimulating the brain electrically to alleviate depression or increase creativity and focus.
4. ABQ Journal - "Grant application program Feb. 10-14"
The UNM Foundation hosts a grantsmanship training course Friday, Jan. 10 through Tuesday, Jan. 14.
5. Metal Architecture - "Sustainability leads architecture students to top honors"
An international competition asks students to submit designs for an urban mid-rise, mixed-use complex for a Washington, D.C., project site and UNM grad student, Michael Pace takes third prize for his design, "Together @ MT Vernon Square."
6. No ABQ Media Monitoring today