Alumni from The University of New Mexico comprise nearly half of the honorees for the prestigious ‘2020 40 Under Forty’ list announced recently by Albuquerque Business First (ABF). Overall, 18 UNM alumni, including seven from the Anderson School of Management and one faculty member, are among the list of 40 honorees who were recently featured in a special Albuquerque Business First publication.
Sponsored by Nusenda, ABF’s 40 Under Forty annually compiles Albuquerque’s best up and coming professionals who exemplify professional achievement, leadership, and community involvement all under the age of 40. This is the 19th group of young professionals under the age of 40 honored by Albuquerque Business First.
Honorees this year include plant managers, health care professionals serving the homeless, executive vice presidents, attorneys, directors, national laboratory executives, and much more. A variety of organizations are represented including companies such as Comcast, Dion’s, New Mexico Gas Company, Sandia National Labs and Presbyterian Healthcare Services to name a few.
The 40 Under Forty cycle begins with a call for nominations. Nominees were asked to complete an application with information for the judging process. A panel of 40 Under Forty alumni who are leaders in the business community evaluated the applicants on professional achievement, leadership, and community involvement. Judges recused themselves from voting on any honorees with whom they had close ties. The application process is very competitive with fewer than one in three applicants selected this year. The 40 applicants who emerged from the process with the highest scores were selected as this year’s honorees.
UNM honorees on 2020 40 Under Forty include:
- Kyle Biederwolf, manager, External Affairs at Comcast *
- Jessie Calero, development director, Mandy’s Farm
- Bridget Condon, director of Business Development, Sandoval Economic Alliance
- Lysette Romero Cordova, visiting assistant professor, UNM School of Law
- Deena Crawley, chief of staff and marketing director, Dion’s Pizza *
- Jenni DeGreeff, integrity manager, New Mexico Gas Company
- Emily Gaffney, senior manager in the Laboratory Operating System, Sandia National Laboratories *
- Bernadette Gallegos, manager of Project Management, Sandia National Laboratories *
- Joan Marie Yazze Gallegos, digital media specialist, Sandia Resort and Casino
- Ebany Martinez-Finley, clinical research director, Presbyterian Healthcare Services *
- Jenna Hagengruber, teacher, Sandia High School
- Sameer Hemmady, director, research and development, Verus Research / part-time research faculty, UNM School of Engineering (ECE)
- Erik Mease, principal and partner, SMPC Architects
- Jade Rivera, founder and executive director, Albuquerque Collegiate Charter School
- Jaymie Roybal, assistant U.S. attorney, U.S. Department of Justice
- Quiana Salazar-King, director of community engagement and staff attorney, New Mexico Immigrant Law Center
- Isaac Celestino Sandoval, owner, At Home Advocacy Inc. *
- Christopher Michael Shroeder, chief operating officer, Real Time Solutions
- Brandon Writtenberry, assistant vice president, Aon *
* denotes Anderson School of Management alum
Albuquerque Business First will honor this year’s honorees at the 40 Under Forty Awards Dinner and Reception on Sept. 30 at Sandia Resort and Casino.
For more information, visit 2020 40 Under Forty Awards honorees.