The Dean of Students Office is looking for New Student Orientation Leaders (NSO’s) to help incoming Lobos learn more about what the University of New Mexico has to offer as they get acclimated to the campus environment.
The NSO program is designed to provide a campus leadership opportunity for UNM students, who will be working together with faculty, staff and other students.
NSO’s work primarily in the summer and receive free summer housing at the UNM residence halls. Additionally, students will gain skills in leadership, public speaking, managing groups, organization, teaching and facilitation.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Completed minimum of one academic year at UNM by Spring 2016
- 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be returning to UNM for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Cannot hold interfering summer course or jobs
- Must be available for every orientation session
- Must submit interview recording
Those who are interested in the position are asked to look at the Summer Orientation Schedule.