Recipients receive a cash award and plaque and have their name inscribed on a perpetual plaque in Scholes Hall. Any current UNM staff on permanent appointment, part-time or full-time, who does not have faculty status and has completed the probationary period is eligible for nomination. Self-nominations are not permitted.
UNM faculty, staff and students may nominate staff who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Exceptional service to the UNM community
- Positive, effective representation of UNM
- Demonstration of initiative and innovative performance of job duties
- Involvement, dedication and exemplary commitment as UNM staff
- Additional contributions such as those in the areas of customer relations, community service, professional development, teamwork, reliability, loyalty, self-motivation, communication skills, etc.
Nominations should include a description of the nominee's outstanding contributions addressing the qualification criteria with specific examples.
The university established an endowment through funds earmarked by past President Gerald W. May for staff recognition. At the end of his tenure, the Regent's Endowment Fund contributed a matching amount in recognition of his service and assistance in creating a UNM Staff Council. Income from the endowment is used by the Office of the President to recognize outstanding staff who have made significant contributions to the university.
Submit nomination forms by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (505) 277-1313. For more information, contact Kathy Meadows at (505) 277-1532.
An award ceremony will be held in December.