The University of New Mexico has announced listening sessions for faculty, staff and students to allow the campus community to provide its perspectives about the future direction for the position of Finance and Executive Administration.
The search firm, Wheless Partners, will be on campus Tuesday, Nov. 6, to conduct the sessions listed below.
Finance and Executive Administration Search | Tuesday, Nov. 6
- Faculty Listening Session – 11 – 11:45 a.m., Fiesta B, 3rd floor, SUB
- Staff Listening Session – 1 – 1:45 p.m., Fiesta B, 3rd floor, SUB
- Student Listening Session – 2 – 2:45 p.m., Fiesta B, 3rd floor, SUB
Prior to attending a listening session, the consulting firm is asking individuals to consider several questions regarding the future of UNM and the ways in which it can tangibly measure the success of a new leader in this position.
Several questions include:
- What do you see as the immediate and primary challenges that the administrator will face? What are the primary long-term challenges?
- At the end of the first year of employment, what indices and metrics would you use to determine the performance of the administrator? At 36 Months? At 60 Months?
- From your perspective, what current and future system goals/strategies/initiatives should be considered when evaluating a successful candidate’s competencies, experience and suitability for this role?
For a complete list of all the questions, visit Finance and Administration Executive Search.
The chair of the Finance and Administration Executive Search is Julie Coonrod, chair, Graduate Studies. For a complete list, visit Finance and Administrative Executive search committee.