Sirens are part of UNM's comprehensive emergency warning system. All campuses have been included in this test; in the future, campus-specific alerting will take place.
This message is our semester exercise of the UNM Campus Warning Siren System. In the event of an actual emergency, you would be provided pertinent safety information and instructions.
The University of New Mexico would like to remind you of our emergency response procedures and capabilities.
1. This system is tested at the beginning of every semester. We advertise these exercises in advance. This is a good opportunity to log into the LoboAlerts System (loboalerts.unm.edu) using your UNM NetID and Password to verify your contact information and preferences.
2. If the siren sounds and you haven’t been told that it would be a test, it is REAL. Heed the warning and do as instructed.
3. The Campus Warning Siren System includes:
a. LoboAlerts: text, email, RSS, Facebook, Twitter; and,
b. Warning Siren.
4. We also support the LoboGuardian System (loboguardian.unm.edu). This provides additional capabilities to your smart phone including:
a. Panic Button;
b. Safety Timer; and,
c. Anonymous Tip Reporting.
5. If you face an emergency:
a. Make yourself safe
b. Warn others of the situation
c. Call for assistance. UNM PD (277-2241) are responsible for ALL incidents on campus. NEVER hesitate to contact them. They also provide escort service and bicycle registration.
6. Know the plans for your department and / or building. Reference the FlipChart.
7. Become a part of our Campus Community Emergency Response Team – 3 hours, professional physical education credit (PEP 293/593; T/TR 2-315).
For more information about UNM's emergency preparedness activities, visit http://loborede.unm.edu.
To update your LoboAlerts contact information and preferences, go to http://loboalerts.unm.edu, and login with your UNM NetID and password.
If you know someone who did not receive an alert and should have, have them contact LoboAlerts@unm.edu.