The UNM Alumni Association has announced the dates for Homecoming 2018. The festivities begin Monday, Sept. 24 and run through Saturday, Sept. 29. This year’s theme is Wolfstock: Peace, Love and Lobos.
Homecoming 2018 will keep with tradition—it'll be a week packed with events and reunions, including the All University Breakfast and the Lobo football team taking on Liberty University on Saturday, Sept. 29 at Dreamstyle Stadium.
For Lobos coming home for this year’s Homecoming celebrations, the Alumni Relations Office has negotiated discount rates at four hotels in Albuquerque. For rates and booking details, visit the Alumni Homecoming webpage.
Lobos of all ages will be grooving and celebrating throughout the week with some of following Alumni Association sponsored events:
- Monday, Sept. 24, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Peace, Love and Puppies, various locations across campus
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, noon: Picnic on the Patio (formerly Faculty and Staff Alumni Lunch) — Smith Plaza — with all Faculty & Staff
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, 5 p.m.: Men’s Soccer Tailgate and OMI Behind the scenes tour
- Friday, Sept. 28, at 6 p.m.: Diner en Rouge, Karen Abraham Courtyard near Hodgin Hall
- Saturday, Sept. 29, at 9 a.m.: All University Breakfast
- Saturday, Sept. 29, at 1 p.m. Homecoming Tailgate before 4 p.m. game kick off
A list of many more exciting events can be found on the Alumni Association Website. With more than 50 events on the calendar, over six days, there is an event, lecture series, reunion, open house or tailgate opportunity to fit everyone’s interests.