This week, New Mexico in Focus provides an informed analysis of the 2013 legislative session. The panel breaks down important bills that passed, notable efforts that failed and what legislation is likely to meet the veto pen of Gov. Susana Martinez.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and Saturday, March 23 at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1. There are no repeats this week.
Also, Albuquerque Public Schools have a new family and community engagement policy, and leaders from family and community groups, as well as from APS, discuss how to turn policy into practice as the district looks to improve its graduation rate.
• Lorenzo Garcia, APS School Board
• Analee Maestas, APS School Board
• Diego Gallegos, former NMPED and APS administrator
• Marco Harris, principal, Wilson Middle School
• Robert Heckman, Families United for Education
• Delma Madrigal, coordinator, Rio Grande High School Parent Center
• Jose Muñoz, executive director, ABC Community School Partnership
• Adrián Pedroza, executive director, Partnership for Community Action
• Emma Sandoval, Southwest Organizing Project
• Diane Denish, former Lt. Gov.
• Dan Foley, former House Republican Whip
• Tom Garrity, The Garrity Group
• Sophie Martin, editor in chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs, NMiF producer
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Get Updates, Watch, and Follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook,Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277- 1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico in Focus Analyzes the 2013 Legislative Session
March 20, 2013