New Mexico in Focus is back at the Roundhouse for the last leg of the legislative session for more interviews with New Mexico lawmakers. NMiF Correspondent Gwyneth Doland talks with them about the budget and education issues, including funding disagreements at the heart of the budget process and an effort to waive tuition costs for kids out of foster care with no family support.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday night at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online at NMiF shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1 and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1.
Also this week, Gene Grant talks with representatives of the STEM festival taking place Saturday, Feb. 22 in conjunction with Black History Month and the Line panel looks at the budget that passed both the House and Senate and will now go to Gov. Susana Martinez's desk as well as bills and amendments that met their demise during the session.
- Theresa Carson, Sandia Labs
- Lt. Col. Antoinette Gant, District Commander, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Prentiss Jackson, program manager, Intel Corp.
- Rep. Bill McCamley, (D-Mesilla Park)
- Sen. Cisco McSorley, (D-Albuquerque)
- Sen. George Muñoz, (D-Gallup)
- Rep. Dennis Roch, (R-Logan)
- Pamela Roy, Farm to Table
- Janice Arnold-Jones, former New Mexico representative
- Mark Boitano, former New Mexico senator
- Sophie Martin, attorney
- Laura Sanchez, CEO, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
- Gwyneth Doland
- Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation, the Communications Fund and the Santa Fe Community Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.