New Mexico in Focus continues the conversation with U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman regarding his role as chair of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, which has placed him front and center in the debate over the future of N.M.'s national laboratories. Bingaman also comments on the political climate in Washington, D.C. that has prompted so many of his colleagues to leave.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
The line looks at the future of film and television production in N.M., the continued problems with doping in the state's horseracing industry, and community leaders discuss the use of force by Albuquerque police.
• Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator
• Martha Burk, National Council of Women's Organizations
• Jewel Hall, Dr. Martin Luther King Center
• Eric Witt, former Deputy Chief of Staff
• Gov. Bill Richardson
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, editor in chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs, NMIF producer
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com