New Mexico in Focus offers opinions and insights regarding legislation intended to turn Los Alamos into a national park, celebrating the start of the atomic age. It's a debate that is again heating up, thanks to renewed interest by U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, a National Institute of Medicine panel has recommended the federal government mandate health insurance plans to cover birth control and HIV tests, the latest unemployment outlook and the governor's newest strategy for dealing with driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants.
• Debora McFarlane, UNM Political Science professor
• Joan Sanford, New Mexico Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
Line Guest Panelists:
• Tom Garrity, president & CEO, The Garrity Group
• Dan Foley, former Minority Whip, New Mexico House of Representatives
• Sophie Martin, former managing editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council
New Mexico In Focus Correspondent:
• Gwyneth Doland, former editor, NewMexicoIndependent.com
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218; firstname.lastname@example.org