Lawmakers returned to Santa Fe earlier this week for a special session to address statewide redistricting. But it's not just about redrawing the political boundaries of New Mexico. Correspondent Gwyneth Doland talks to the governor, one-on-one.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
After months of studying the complex give-and-take of redistricting, an acceptable plan has yet to emerge among lawmakers. Brian Sanderoff, the man behind the plans, talks with NMIF producer Matt Grubs about why the legislature is still weighing its options.
Also, this weekend marks a decade since 9/11. The Line panel, including former state representative Benjamin Rodefer, looks at how the terror attacks have changed the lives of New Mexicans.
• Governor Susana Martinez
• Brian Sanderoff, president, Research & Polling Inc.
• Tim Nisly, TEDxABQ curator/host
• Dr. Ries Robinson, TEDxABQ presenter
Line Guest Panelist:
• Tom Garrity, president, The Garrity Group Public Relations
• Benjamin Rodefer, (D), former state representative
• Dan Foley, former Minority Whip, New Mexico House of Representatives
• Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council
New Mexico in Focus Correspondent:
• Gwyneth Doland
• Gene Grant
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com
New Mexico in Focus Discusses ‘Special Session' Issues with Gov. Martinez
September 08, 2011