This week on New Mexico in Focus, the panel talks with two newspaper owners about the future of print media, M.E. Sprengelmeyer, owner of the Guadalupe County Communicator in Santa Rosa and Francine Hopper, who launched Local IQ in 2006. Both talk about the challenges and rewards of running their own show.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday night at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online at NMiF shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1 and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1.
Also this week, NMiF producer Megan Kamerick speaks with Globalquerque founders Neal Copperman and Tom Frouge about the upcoming music festival, the Line panel looks at the week’s developments around Syria, new rules approved by state regulators aimed at protecting groundwater at copper mines and this weeks visit to New Mexico by U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan.
- M.E. Sprengelmeyer, Guadalupe County Communicator (Santa Rosa)
- Francine Hopper, Local IQ
- Neal Copperman, Globalquerque founder
- Tom Frouge, Globalquerque founder
Line Guest Panelists:
- Tracy Dingmann, board member, New Mexico in Depth*
- Steve Terrell, Santa Fe New Mexican
- Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
- Laura Sanchez, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
- Gwyneth Doland
- Megan Kamerick
- Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.