The latest election polls are out, but do they actually give an accurate picture of the state's key campaign races? This week on New Mexico in Focus, the panelists go beyond the numbers in search of clues for the ballot outcomes in November. New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KMME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also, this week, host Gene Grant sits down with two journalists from Nepal and Egypt to discuss what they perceive their roles to be, and what responsibility journalists have to bring people and cultures together; plus, TED, the popular platform for a diversity of speakers to share their unique perspectives and philosophies. Albuquerque is gearing up for a local TED event, known as TEDxABQ. NMIF previews the event and talks to two of the featured speakers.
• Pragya Ghimire, Nepalese Journalist
• Mohamed Kareem Ramadan, Egyptian Journalist
• Todd Eric Lovato, TEDxABQ Presenter
• Tim Nisly, TEDxABQ Curator/Host
• Jonathan Wolfe, TEDxABQ Presenter
• Sophie Martin, Managing Editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Jim Scarantino, Editor, New Mexico Watchdog
• Teresa Cordova, UNM School of Architecture & Planning/Former Bernalillo County Commissioner
• John Wertheim, Former New Mexico Democratic Party Chairman
• Alicia Lueras Maldonado, President & CEO, Atlixco Productions LLC
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi Columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org