This week on New Mexico in Focus, the Line analyzes the reaction to Gov. Susana Martinez's State of the State address. Panelists sit down with newly elected Speaker of the House Ken Martinez and Senate Majority Floor Leader Michael Sanchez to talk about how best to control the flow of legislation.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
In addition, state Sen. Mary Kay Papen talks about her push for better representation of rural parts of the state, as well as her hometown of Las Cruces, the state's second largest city.
• Ken Martinez (D) - Grants, Speaker of the N.M. House of Representatives
• Mary Kay Papen (D) - Las Cruces, President Pro Tempore of N.M. Senate
* Michael Sanchez (D) - Belen, Senate Floor Majority Leader
• Diane Denish, former Lt. Governor
• Whitney Waite, The Waite Company
• Jamie Estrada, Agenda Global
• Sophie Martin, editor-in-chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs, NMiF producer
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218; email: email@example.com
New Mexico in Focus Discusses Legislative Session, Governor's Agenda
January 17, 2013