This week on New Mexico in Focus, panelists take an in-depth look at the state's legislative primaries with special focus on the House, where redistricting and razor thin Democratic minorities promises a tough electoral season.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on N.M. PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, Gene Grant sits down with Abdur'Rauf Campos-Marquetti, Imam of the Islamic Center of Santa Fe, to discuss what it means to be a Muslim in America today; the Line ponders the lawsuit against New Mexico Department of Corrections officials accused of covering up the rape of a prisoner by one of the guards, and Jan Thompson, producer of "The Tragedy of Bataan" talks about her personal ambition to tell the story of survivors of Bataan and Corregidor.
• Abdur'Rauf Campos-Marquetti, Imam, Islamic Center of Santa Fe
• Jan Thompson, producer/director, "The Tragedy of Bataan"
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Laura Sanchez, environmental attorney
• Steve Terrell, political reporter, Santa Fe New Mexican
• Dan Foley, former New Mexico House Republican Whip
• Matt Grubs
Host / Commentator
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Mexico in Focus Discusses Primaries, State Department of Corrections Allegations
May 24, 2012