This week on New Mexico in Focus, panelists take a look at the special legislative session that concluded last week, and discuss what lies ahead for lawmakers and Gov. Susana Martinez as the process of redistricting now makes its way to court.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, panelists preview the upcoming Ken Burns series "Prohibition," and discuss a variety of topics including Albuquerque's upcoming city election, Jerome Block's tenure as a Public Regulation Commission member, UNM football and the status of chile in New Mexican culture.
• Don Bullis, author and historian
• Richard Melzer, professor of history, UNM Valencia
• Dan Boyd, Albuquerque Journal reporter
• Rob Nikolewski, Capitol Report New Mexico reporter
• Steve Terrell, Santa Fe New Mexican reporter
• Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, UNM law professor
• Dan Foley, former Republican House Whip
• Sophie Martin, social media consultant
• Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, natural resources
•Gwyneth Doland, former editor, NewMexicoIndependent.com
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com
New Mexico in Focus Discusses Results of Special Legislative Session
September 29, 2011