This week on New Mexico in Focus, author Gail Rubin and pet loss counselor Ann Beyke sit down with Gwyneth Doland to talk about the ways in which social media sites like Facebook and Twitter are changing the way we process grief, tragedy, death and loss.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday night at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online at NMiF shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1 and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1.
Also this week, the Line opinion panel looks at the proposed late-term abortions ban in Albuquerque, the announcement by Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico that it will take over the Lovelace Health Plan and the potential impacts on New Mexico if Southwest Airlines cuts back on flights in the city.
- Ann Beyke, pet loss counselor
- Gail Rubin, author, “A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Want to Die”
- Lonna Atkeson, UNM political science professor
- Jeri Clausing, Associated Press
- Steve Terrell, Santa Fe New Mexican
- Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
- Gwyneth Doland
- Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org