This week on New Mexico in Focus, panelists sit down with political psychologist Martha Burk to discuss the recent tendency for New Mexico voters to lean Democratic in federal elections, as the the Land of Enchantment becomes less of a swing state. In addition, panelists discuss the role of super PACs in political advertising.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on N.M. PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, host Gene Grant sits down with Susan Baum, medical director of the New Mexico Department of Health's Chronic Disease Prevention and Control Bureau, to examine the recent controversy over the effectiveness of cancer screenings.
• Dr. Susan Baum, medical director and epidemiologist, New Mexico Department of Health
• Martha Burk, political psychologist and women's issues expert
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Dan Foley, former NM House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, editor in chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs
Host / Commentator
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com.