This week, New Mexico in Focus panelists sit down with state veterinarian Dave Fly and Bernard Treat of the New Mexico Beef Council to discuss the impact the current drought has on livestock and feed.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
The Line also examines a new policy by some police departments using high tech cameras to run criminal checks on massive groups of license plates, as well as what's being done with all the data collected, and a discussion about rising home prices nationwide and state government oversight commissions.
• David Fly, New Mexico state veterinarian
• Bernard Treat, New Mexico Beef Council
• Javier Martinez, associate director, Partnership for Community Action
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Dan Foley, former New Mexico House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, editor-in-chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs.
Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.