This week on New Mexico in Focus, Capitol Correspondent Gwyneth Doland talks with Gov. Susana Martinez in an exclusive one-on-one interview. This week also marks the halfway point of the 2011 legislative session. Doland talks with legislative leaders about the progress so far or lack thereof and gets the inside scoop on the unusually slow pace with journalists assigned to cover the legislature.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
The Line panelists discuss the pros and cons of giving letter grades to New Mexico's public schools, and what can happen when a Facebook profile goes public.
*PLEASE NOTE: During the legislative session, all guests are subject to change, based on their availability.
• Governor Susana Martinez
• Sen. Stuart Ingle, (R) Portales, Senate Minority Floor Leader
• Sen. Tim Jennings, (D) Roswell, President Pro Tem
• Rep. Tom Taylor, (R) Farmington, House Minority Floor Leader|
• Rep. Luciano "Lucky" Varela, (D) Santa Fe, Chair, Legislative Finance Committee
• Trip Jennings, Reporter, Santa Fe New Mexican
• Dan McKay, Reporter, Albuquerque Journal
• Steve Terrell, Reporter, Santa Fe New Mexican
• Dennis Domrzalski, New Mexico Business Weekly Staff Writer
• Dan Foley, (R) Former House Minority Whip
The Line Panelists:
• Sophie Martin, Managing Editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura Sanchez, Environmental Lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council Capitol Correspondent
• Gwyneth Doland, Former Editor, NewMexicoIndependent.com
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi Columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com