This week on New Mexico in Focus, a panel of law enforcement explores heroin and opiate addiction, and why it is so difficult to stem the tide of illicit drugs into New Mexico. Why does the state outpace the nation when it comes to heroin use by kids and corresponding overdose rates?
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
The Line takes on stories of the week, including more news from LANL, as the administration at Los Alamos National Labs announces hundreds of projected job losses, plus, redistricting in the Albuquerque Public School District, as APS struggles to accurately represent the city's booming West Side.
• Keith Brown, agent, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
• Gorden Eden, Department of Public Safety secretary
• Ken Gonzales, U.S. Attorney
• Dan Boyd, reporter, Albuquerque Journal
• Trip Jennings, reporter, Santa Fe New Mexican
• Rob Nikolewski, Capitol Report New Mexico
• Matt Reichbach, Clearly New Mexico
Line Guest Panelist
• Lonna Atkeson, director, UNM Center for the Study of Voting, Elections, and Democracy
• Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, Social Media consultant
• Laura Sanchez, environmental attorney
• Matt Grubs
• Kevin McDonald
• Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com