This week New Mexico in Focus features Jonathan Laurence, associate professor of political science at Boston College, who will discuss his book, “The Emancipation of Europe’s Muslims.” The book traces how governments across Western Europe have responded to the growing presence of Muslim immigrants in their countries over the past 50 years.
Also, NMiF producer, Megan Kamerick interviews two members of a delegation from Tajikistan and a member of the Albuquerque Council for International Visitors, and host Gene Grant talks with TV’s Modern Family star, Jesse Tyler Ferguson about growing up gay and the “Tie The Knot Foundation,” a project which he and his husband founded in order to advocate for marriage freedom.
New Mexico PBS’ one-hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs regularly on Fridays at 7 p.m. and repeats Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1, and Saturdays at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1.
* Jonathan Laurence, author, “The Emancipation of Europe’s Muslims: The State’s Role in Minority Integration”
* Kamil Areshov, delegate, Open World Leadership Center
* Farangiz Mamadiyeva, Open World Leadership Center
* Karen Schafer, member, Albuquerque Council for International Visitors
* Furhana Afrid, NMiF correspondent
* Megan Kamerick, NMiF producer
* Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick and associate producer Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation Communications Fund, Sante Fe Community Foundation.