This week, New Mexico in Focus features an in-depth interview with Senator Martin Heinrich, who sits down with NMiF Producer Megan Kamerick to talk about gridlock in Washington, the New Mexico economy, and federal surveillance. New Mexico in Focus airs Friday night at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online at NMiF shortly thereafter. There is no re-broadcast this week due to the winter pledge drive.
The Line Opinion Panel looks at the chatter created by a recent article in the National Journal about Jay McCleskey, advisor to Gov. Susana Martinez, which questions his role in the administration and in state government affairs. The piece implies Martinez may not be ready for the national political stage, but her administration has labeled the article, which relies on a number of unnamed sources, as sexist and racist.
The group also looks at the ban on hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”) passed in Mora County and what is happening in other Western states around fracking and regulations.
• The panel will discuss the New Mexico economy in light of falling home prices and the state’s continued reliance on jobs tied to federal spending.
• Sen. Martin Heinrich, D-New Mexico
• Tom Garrity, The Garrity Group
• Rob Nikolewski, Editor, Capitol Report New Mexico
• Laura Sanchez, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
Line Guest Panelists
• Marissa DeMarco, New Mexico Compass
• Megan Kamerick, NMiF Producer
• Gene Grant