This week New Mexico in Focus features a special Earth Day program dedicated entirely to ecological issues. How do we balance the benefits we get from using our natural resources with the impact caused when we extract resources like oil and natural gas? New Mexico in Focus addresses that question as it looks at the state's rich environment with a program dedicated entirely to ecological issues.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
New Mexico in Focus also presents Land Commissioner Ray Powell and John Bemis, secretary of New Mexico's Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, as they sit down with host Gene Grant to talk about the future of environmental policy and why it's become so politicized.
This Earth Day special also includes a special panel on The Line. This panel of environmental journalists and business leaders will assess the state of New Mexico's land, air and water.
• John Bemis, secretary of Energy, Minerals, and Natural Resources Department
• Ray Powell, New Mexico land commissioner
The Line Guest Panelists
• Wally Drangmeister, director of Communications, New Mexico Oil and Gas Association
• Allan Oliver, CEO, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
• Sidsel Overgaard, conservation reporter, KUNM
• Laura Paskus, Environmental Journalist
• Matt Grubs
Host / Commentator
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.