This week on New Mexico in Focus, the Line features a humorous holiday interview with Lady Grantham of "Downton Abbey," as played by Ken Ansloan, founder of Albuquerque's longstanding drag troupe "The Dolls." This year, their annual holiday show satirizes the popular PBS series as well as "Breaking Bad."
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday night at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears onlilne at NMiF shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1 and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1.
Also this week, producer Megan Kamerick talks with authors of a new study on the impact of the New Mexico MainStreet program around the state, the Line opinion panel looks at a proprosal by State Land Commissioner Ray Powell to obtain more federal lands across the state for economic development and discusses a new proposed gaming compact with Navajo Nation and what it means for the industry.
- Ken Ansloan, founder of The Dolls
- Patrice Fey, president and CEO, National Main Street Center
- Donovan Rypkema, principal, PlaceEconomics
- Rich Williams, director, New Mexico MainStreet
- Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, UNM law professor
- Tom Garrity, the Garrity Group
- Rob Nikolewski, editor, Capitol Report New Mexico
- Laura Sanchez, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
- Megan Kamerick, producer, NMiF
- Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218, email: email@example.com.