This week on New Mexico in Focus, The Line opinion panel discusses the recent Kids Count Data Book, which tracks child well-being. New Mexico placed dead last for the first time since the survey began in 1990. Does that mean policy changes are in store? Or will there be more of the same? Also this week for the holiday weekend, the program looks back at some of the year's best interviews.
The program airs Friday nights at 7 p.m. on channel 5.1 and appears online at NMiF shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on channel 9.1. and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on channel 5.1.
• Richard Stolley, journalist and former editor, Time, Life and People Magazines
• John Nichols, author, "On Top of Spoon Mountain"
• Roger Cook, "Ask This Old House"
• James Monteleone, Albuquerque Journal
• Rob Nikolewski, New Mexico Watchdog
• Laura Sanchez, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
• Milan Simonich, Texas New Mexico Newspapers Partnership
• Matt Grubs
• Gwyneth Doland
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch, and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277- 1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico in Focus Looks at 'Kids Count Data Book'
July 03, 2013