Lawmakers are soon returning to Santa Fe, called to the Roundhouse by Gov. Susana Martinez to tackle the once-a-decade task of redrawing the boundaries of N. M.'s political districts. Former Speaker of the N.M. House of Representatives Raymond G. Sanchez explores the political give-and-take surrounding redistricting.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also, correspondent Peter St. Cyr talks to New Mexico Voices for Children about "Kids Count," the annual checkup of N.M. children and how their well-being fares against the rest of the nation.
• Chris Hollis, Kids Count director
• Sharon Kayne, communications director, New Mexico Voices for Children
Line Guest Panelist
• Raymond G. Sanchez, attorney and former speaker, N. M. House of Representatives
• Dan Foley, former Minority Whip, N. M. House of Representatives
• Sophie Martin, former managing editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council
New Mexico in Focus Correspondent
• Peter St. Cyr, Veritas New Mexico Online Magazine
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi Columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org