The 2012 legislative session has begun and New Mexico in Focus discusses the key points of the State of the State address by Gov. Susana Martinez, plus what leaders from both sides of the aisle expect from the session. Lawmakers reveal what's ahead as new political districts are drawn in a key election year.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
The Line panel also looks at the impact Speaker of the House Ben Lujan has on lawmaking in Santa Fe. Lujan announced on Tuesday that he would step down after this term, as he continues to battle lung cancer.
• Walter Bradley, former lt. gov.
• Pauline Eisenstadt, former state senator and representative
• Richard Romero, former state senate president pro tempore
• Larry Ahrens, radio personality
• John Wertheim, former N.M. Democratic party chairman
• Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, social media consultant
• Gwyneth Doland
• Gene Grant
The Producers of New Mexico in Focus are Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Funding for this program was provided in part by the McCune Foundation. Closed Captioning of New Mexico in Focus was made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Mexico in Focus Examines Start of 2012 Legislative Session
January 19, 2012