New Mexico in Focus guest Marina Oborotova of the Albuquerque International Association discusses the ongoing crisis in Ukraine following the annexation of Crimea by Russia, and what steps the West should take next to help stabilize the region.
New Mexico in Focus airs on Friday, April 4 at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online at www.nemexicoinfocus.org shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday, April 5 at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1. and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on channel 5.1.
Also this week, a talk with Rep. Rick Miera, D-majority leader, who recently announced that he would be retiring at the end of this year’s legislative session; conversation on the protests that erupted recently against the Albuquerque Police Department after officers shot and killed a homeless mentally ill man; and a look at behavioral health issues in New Mexico.
* State Rep. Rick Miera, D-Albuquerque, House Majority Leader
* Marina Oborotova, president, Albuquerque International Association
* Tom Garrity, The Garrity Group
* Sophie Martin, attorney
* Rob Nikolewski, editor, Capitol Report New Mexico/New Mexico Watchdog
* Laura Sanchez, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
* Gwyneth Doland,
* Megan Kamerick
* Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation Communications Fund, Santa Fe Community Foundation.