Congress has voted to extend the Patriot Act until the year 2015. This week, on New Mexico in Focus, Line panelists talk about the debate over homeland security, and the reaction to the vote by our local lawmakers.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Plus, former Shell Oil President John Hofmesiter offers insight and perspective on the one year anniversary of the BP oil spill. Hear what he has to say not only about the industry, but also his ideas on how get the government to create a comprehensive energy plan.
• John Hofmeister, author, "Why We Hate the Oil Companies"
Line Guest Panelist:
• Marisa DeMarco, news editor, The Weekly Alibi
• Dan Foley, former Minority Whip, New Mexico House of Representatives
• Sophie Martin, former managing editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council
New Mexico In Focus Correspondent:
• Kevin McDonald, KNME Public Affairs producer
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at New Mexico in Focus. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico in Focus Looks at the Debate Over Homeland Security
June 02, 2011