With the legislative session just days away, all eyes are on the state budget. When lawmakers get down to work Tuesday, Jan. 18, they will have two different budget proposals to deal with: one from the governor and one from the legislative finance committee. This week New Mexico in Focus takes a close look at both proposals with a pair of UNM finance professors.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Plus, reaction and debate on Governor Martinez's plan to help balance the budget by chipping away at the state's film incentive program.
Line panelists talk about the local fallout from the shooting of Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. What could the tragic event mean for our local congressional delegation and their relationship with constituents? And what lessons can be learned in terms of dealing with people with behavioral problems.
• Allen M. Parkman, Professor Emeritus, UNM's Anderson School of Management
• Harry Van Buren, professor, UNM's Anderson School of Management
• Gabriel Ramon Sanchez, UNM Political Science professor
• Peter St. Cyr, freelance journalist
• Sophie Martin, managing editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura E. Sanchez, former executive director, New Mexico Democratic Party
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at New Mexico in Focus. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com
New Mexico in Focus Looks at Two Different Budget Proposals
January 13, 2011