This week on New Mexico in Focus, a recap of the Albuquerque mayoral debate that took place on New Mexico PBS Monday, Sept. 30 that included issues such as economic development, water and growth, APD, the pending special election ballot initiative to ban late-term abortions and the issue of contracts granted by city departments.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday night at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online at NMiF shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1 and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1.
In addition to the recap, the Line opinion panel reviews key points and discusses the implications. The Albuquerque mayoral election takes place Tuesday, Oct. 8.
* Richard J. Berry, current mayor of Albuquerque running for reelection
* Pete Dinelli, Albuquerque mayoral candidate
* Paul Heh, Albuquerque mayoral candidate
* Lonna Atkeson, UNM political science professor
* Tim Krebs, UNM political science professor
* Dan McKay, reporter, Albuquerque Journal
* Sophie Martin, former editor-in-chief, New Mexico Law Review
* Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218, email: email@example.com