New Mexico in Focus discusses the arrest by state regulators of New Mexico Finance Authority's chief operations officer and ex-comptroller, both charged with a litany of crimes surrounding an allegedly fraudulent audit. The panel debates the future of the NMFA and the hundreds of public projects that depend on its low-cost financing.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Gov. Susana Martinez has a prime speaking spot at the Republican National Convention this summer. Since vice presidential aspirations have been put to rest, the speech will highlight Republican overtures to Hispanic and Latino voters, as well as put Martinez in the national spotlight. And Gene Grant sits down with two policymakers to talk about the need for broadband technology in rural N.M.
• Gar Clarke, Broadband program manager, NM Department of Information Technology
• Kurt Steinhaus, director of Community Programs, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Line Guest Panelists
• Javier Benavidez, communications director, Center for Civic Policy
• Viki Harrison, executive director, Common Cause New Mexico
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; email: firstname.lastname@example.org