The gavel has dropped on the 2012 legislative session and this week, New Mexico in Focus takes a look at what made the cut with lawmakers and what got the axe. We'll hear from the governor's chief of staff about whether Susana Martinez got what she wanted from the legislature.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Producer Matt Grubs continues NMIF's series on private organizations solving public problems, as he sits down with the founder of Circles New Mexico, Scott Miller. Miller has gained national attention for his efforts to address poverty one family at a time. NMIF speaks with two people involved in different parts of the program.
The Line also examines the future of New Mexico's national laboratories as President Obama unveiled a budget this week that dramatically slashes funding for a multi-billion dollar construction project in Los Alamos.
• Scott Miller, founder, Circles N.M
• Lanae Havens, Circles N.M.
• Manuela Mondloch, Circles N.M.
Line Guest Panelists
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. deputy assistant secretary of commerce for manufacturing
• Colin Hunter, former legislative director, U.S. Rep. Heather Wilson
• Sophie Martin, social media consultant
• Laura Sanchez, environmental attorney
• Matt Grubs
• Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.