Why are there still so many unanswered questions about the impact of the film industry on the New Mexico state economy? This week New Mexico in Focus will hear from supporters and opponents of the New Mexico film incentive program as they discuss the pros and cons.
Additionally, The Line panelists will provide legislative insight and analysis some of the other hot button measures now making their way through committees in the House and Senate.
New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KMME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also, this week, panelists provide legislative insight and analysis on some of the other hot button measures now making their way through committees in the house and senate, New Mexico's Film Incentives Program. Hear from supporters and opponents of the incentives on why there are still so many unanswered questions about the impact of the industry on the state economy.
PLEASE NOTE: During the legislative session, all guests are subject to change, based on their availability.
• State Lawmakers (To Be Determined)
• Richard Anklam, executive director, New Mexico Tax Research Institute
• Paul Gessing, president, The Rio Grande Foundation
• Alicia Keyes Touche, president, New Mexico Entertainment & Digital Industry Association
• Robin Brule, executive director, Playworks Albuquerque
• Dan Foley, (R) former House Minority Whip
• Sophie Martin, managing editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura E. Sanchez, former executive director, New Mexico Democratic Party
• Gwyneth Doland, former editor, NewMexicoIndependent.com
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi Columnist
New Mexico in Focus takes a multi-layered look at social, political, economic, health, education and arts issues and explores them in-depth, with a critical eye to give them context beyond the "news of the moment."
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1812; e-mail: email@example.com
New Mexico in Focus Examines Tax Incentives for Film Industry
February 03, 2011