This week on New Mexico in Focus, panelists discuss the latest efforts by state legislators to continue to draw Hollywood to New Mexico without breaking the bank, especially following last year's legislation that capped incentives in the industry.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, the Line analyzes the possibility for a state wide minimum wage increase to be enacted, given the recent passage of wage increases in both Santa Fe and Albuquerque, as well as what lawmakers are doing to set stronger qualifications for those who serve on the Public Regulation Commission.
• Sen. Phil Griego (D), District 39
• Sen. Steven Neville (R), District 2
• Sen. John Ryan (R), District 10
• Rep. Moe Maestas (D), District 16
• Dede Feldman, former New Mexico senator
• Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, UNM law professor
• Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
• Rob Nikolewski, editor, Capitol Report New Mexico
* Matt Grubs, NMIF producer
* Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Mexico in Focus Talks Film Incentives, Minimum Wage
February 07, 2013