This week on New Mexico in Focus, panelists sit down with Eric and Regina Griego, aunt and uncle of Nehemiah Griego, accused of the shooting deaths of his parents and three siblings last month, about the current state of mental health resources in New Mexico.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, a panel of experts from the University of New Mexico examines what mental health professionals know about mass shootings, including how teens process violent media, the Line panel offers their own thoughts about legislation regarding gun violence, as well as on the revelation that former U.S. senator Pete Domenici fathered a child decades ago and what it means for his legacy.
• Steven Adelsheim, director, Center for Rural Community Behavioral Health
• Lynette Cofer, Professor Emeritus, psychology, UNM
• David Graeber, division director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
• Eric Griego, former state senator, brother and uncle of recent shooting victims
• Regina Greigo, NNSA systems engineer, sister and aunt of recent shooting victims
• Christopher Sanchez, vice president of creative development, The Waite Company
• Eric Witt, former Deputy Chief of Staff, Gov. Bill Richardson
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Sophie Martin, editor-in-chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs, NMiF producer
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.