This week on New Mexico in Focus, the Line examines the latest education efforts put forth by the legislature, what they'll cost and what the likelihood is of becoming law. Also, with rumors out of the nation's capital that suggest the nation's strategic nuclear missile fleet could be cut in half, the group looks at any possible implications on New Mexico's labs.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, NMiF explores how state legislators are responding to the lawsuit filed by Texas that could force the state to deliver more water from the Rio Grande.
• Sen. Joseph Cervantes (D), District 31
• Sen. Peter Wirth (D), District 25
• Dede Feldman, former New Mexico State senator
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Tom Garrity, The Garrity Group PR
• John Wertheim, former New Mexico Democratic Party chairman
• Matt Grubs
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.