This week, New Mexico in Focus highlights politics. With all 112 state lawmakers up for re-election, and the presidential race beginning to take shape, the line analyzes key match-ups as candidates within both parties take on tough primary challengers.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, the group assesses the latest round of negative advertising in the race for New Mexico's first congressional district, the latest numbers in the race for Jeff Bingaman's Senate seat, a sit down interview with Bernalillo County clerk Maggie Toulouse Oliver about her efforts to boost voter turnout and an interview with former Gov. Gary Johnson about his run for president as the Libertarian Party's nominee.
• Gary Johnson, presidential nominee, Libertarian Party
• Maggie Toulouse Oliver, Bernalillo County Clerk
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Laura Sanchez, environmental attorney
• John Wertheim, former New Mexico Democratic Party chairman
• Dan Foley, former New Mexico House Republican Whip
• Matt Grubs, producer
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: email@example.com.