This week on New Mexico in Focus, experts from the alcohol industry and government sit down to talk about New Mexico's relationship with alcohol. How is it involved in our state's culture and how does that impact the way state government deals with alcohol?
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
In addition, panelists discuss a variety of other topics including the recent election in Albuquerque, reforming the Public Regulation Commission, the emergence of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement in New Mexico, and a look back at balloonist Sid Cutter's contributions to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
* Bill Hubbard, Special Investigations Division, New Mexico Department of Public Safety
* Michael Sandoval, director, NMDOT Traffic Safety Bureau
* David Mosher, brand manager, Admiral Beverage
* William Wiese, Center for Health Policy
* John Wertheim, attorney
* Dan Foley, former Republican House Whip
* Sophie Martin, social media consultant
* Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council
* Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.